Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tuesday, May 19

Since some of us still hadn't had our fill of the Gishwati region (or maybe the ridiculous views on the way there) 5 of us woke up early again on Tuesday to make the drive back. Even though the ride is bumpy, I don't think I would ever get tired of that commute.

Rather than tree-planting/idiot acting, this time we were going just to take a hike through the current forest and check it out. It was cool, though not really as cool as the gorillas' forest. It was just nice to be out in nature for a little while.

We got back to Paradis that afternoon and I was finally able to truly relax. So far, even though we had been on our vacation time I had somehow been busy doing things every single day. It was good to take some time and think about everything I have done and experienced so far. It's also the perfect opportunity to catch up on all my blogs so far, and as I type this I'm sitting out watching the fishing boats come in with a pot of Rwandan coffee and perfect weather.

It's amazing how disconnected from everything else in the world this trip can make you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment